Utilize Career Services
Take advantage of the resources and opportunities that the Career and Innovation Center has to offer, including:
- One-on-one advising appointments with general and discipline-specific career advisors
- Handshake, our career management platform, with thousands of internship and job postings
- Dozens of career fairs and events to connect with alumni and employers
- Access to career resources to help you prepare for your job search
Connect with Alumni and Employers
Network with Mountain Lion alumni and potential employers to gain insight on how to successfully enter or advance in your field or industry.
- Use LinkedIn to make connections with industry leaders and employers
- Become a member of professional organizations for the most up-to-date information on industry standards, conferences, and job and internship opportunities in your field
- Check out What Can I Do With This Major for a list of professional associations associated with each major.
Leverage Your Campus Community
Work closely with members of your departmental community and the Graduate School to further prepare for your future.
- Establish strong relationships with faculty advisors and program coordinators who are experts in their field and can often provide career guidance for your specific discipline of study
- Discover resources on the UCCS Graduate School website to enhance your experience at UCCS and help you dive deeper into topics such as mentorship, professional development, funding your education, and more