Genesee & Wyoming Inc. owns, or leases 115 freight railroads worldwide (collectively “G&W”) organized in locally managed operating regions with 7,300 employees serving 3,000 customers. Our success depends on providing superior service to customers.
A summer intern will be assigned special projects and ongoing tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of the Commercial Group. Our commercial team is responsible for developing the strategies and tactics that will maximize G&W’s participation in the customer’s transportation portfolio. As a member of this team, the intern will progressively take on more responsibility as they learn about the industry and experience a day in the life of various commercial team members. The intern will be assigned to a territory and provide support to the commercial team by providing quantitative analysis, marketing materials, and other tasks as assigned. The internship is full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer semester and paid at a rate between $15.00-20.00 hourly, based on qualifications.
- The intern will gain a basic understanding of the railroad industry, including industry structure and some competitive dynamics. Additionally, the intern will develop an understanding of an assigned territory including the customer base, relevant commodity market, and strategic positioning
- The intern will analyze assigned portfolio to assess opportunities and communicate findings with management
- The intern will provide sales support in an assigned territory, attend customer meetings and prepare customer facing presentations
- Provide sales support in assigned territory
- The intern will gain an understanding of G&W’s processes, procedures, and systems.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Power BI, and Microsoft CRM would be a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels and continue to maintain a high level of objectivity and independence
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related field
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Yes. Day trips to field locations from Jacksonville office